Monday, September 08, 2008

Obama on science and research.

From a post by Phil Plait, the Bad Astronomy guy, and so awesome. The following is a response given by Obama to one of a number of questions posed to both candidates by Science Debate 2008.

"Scientific and technological information is of growing importance to a range of issues. I believe such information must be expert and uncolored by ideology.

"I will restore the basic principle that government decisions should be based on the best- available, scientifically-valid evidence and not on the ideological predispositions of agency officials or political appointees."

I never, ever thought I would use the word "awesome" to describe Obama, to be honest. Sufficient things about him have me feeling uncertain. If he's this much behind scientific research, though, then that means the Enlightenment has him in its grip. Good.

Apparently McCain has yet to respond to the questions posed by the group.

No comments: